Portable Space Heater Servicing
Do you own a gas heater?!
Gas heaters are great for keeping warm, but they can be deadly if not maintained properly.
If gas heaters are faulty or poorly maintained, they can leak carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide can be lethal as it can’t be seen and has no smell. It can cause death or chronic illness.
Carbon monoxide poisoning can happen in any home or building with gas heating appliances, including newer ones.
Keep your family safe this winter by arranging a gas heater service today with your local plumber/ gasfitter. Before you book, ask the gasfitter if they have the right equipment to test for carbon monoxide leakage.
Responsibilities for Landlords
- Ensure only licensed people do all gas-fitting and electrical work.
- Before re-letting, ensure all appliances are safe and any unsafe appliance is repaired or removed.
- Ensure all gas appliances, pipework and flue systems are maintained in a safe condition.
- Ensure all ventilation openings are clear and unobstructed.
- Ensure all pipes are sealed correctly if an appliance has been removed.
- Record all safety checks and details of work carried out on a gas or electrical installation.
- Flue systems must be examined regularly, especially those related to decorative gas log fires, internal hot water heaters and space heaters. Flue terminals must be checked to ensure they are not blocked and are vermin-proof.
- Burning or discolouration on the front or above a space or water heater indicates a problem and must be checked immediately.
- Air vents must not be blocked or covered.
- Piping systems should be checked every five years or whenever a new or replacement appliance is installed
Standard Service Procedure = $150+